Social Responsibility and Sustainability
We are committed to maintaining and cultivating our diverse and progressive workforce and culture. The HBSUK team is a global family, and we never discriminate on the grounds of ethnicity, gender, sexuality, or disability. We believe in equal opportunities for all and in a healthcare system that reflects this.
We care about doing the right thing for our people and our planet.
We care about ensuring that keeping people healthy doesn’t come at the expense of the world around us.
We care about making healthcare better and delivering services that people want, when they want them, and where they want them.
We will enrich the lives of our staff
- Training and development
- Fairness in the workplace
- Work-life balance
- Being an employer of choice
- Creating opportunities for all
We will minimise our environmental impact now and always
- Keeping global warming below CO2 target by minimising our carbon footprint
- Eliminating waste
- Sustainable supply chains
- Optimising employee and patient travel
- Optimising our processes and operations
We will make healthcare better
- Partnerships with great charities
- Using our talent for good
- Building great patient communities
- Campaigning for a better society
- Looking out for the most vulnerable
We continually strive to minimise our environmental impact. Our digital healthcare platform, Virtual Lucy, is a big step towards a more eco-friendly future for healthcare. Our commitment to being an environmentally friendly company is exemplified by our Green Goals:
- Cut down carbon emissions by moving more outpatient appointments online
- Utilise sustainable, environmentally friendly supply chains
- Keep global warming below CO2 target by minimising our carbon footprint
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
HBSUK has an active EDI team who work towards achieving fairness and belonging within the company and ensuring we shape our products and services to meet the diverse needs of our customers.